Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 4, 2007



Thanksgiving was very nice and relaxing this year. Since both sides of our family live locally, we didn’t have to travel far. Unfortunately, Kelly had to work. He will have to work Christmas too! :( It has been this way all but one year since we have been married. It just so happens that the shift he is on works all of the major holidays…which equals = major bummer…I know, but we have gotten somewhat used to it by now and have found ways to schedule family time around it as best as possible. He could take vacation; however, several of the guys on his shift have small children and like to take their vacation at this time to be with their little ones. I certainly don’t blame them. Naturally, not everyone can take vacation at this time, so Kelly works.
Anyway, the above picture is of me, Jill (with JonParker) and Mom that we took on Thanksgiving Day. This is the first picture I have posted of Jill and JonParker, but rest assured that there will be many more to come! As you can see from the ticker above, it won’t be long before he is here! Jill went to the Dr. for her checkup last week, and she got a very good report. Her due date is January 30, but the Dr. said that they could actually pick the date that they would like to have JonParker’s Birthday as she will be having a surgical delivery. I can’t wait! It is going to be so much fun to have a baby in the family again. So, on a different note before I close, Christmas is almost here and I have SO MANY gifts left to buy! UGH!!!!!! I love Christmas shopping but really, really, really don’t like trying to figure out what to get everyone. Each year, I start early and declare that I will FINNISH early. Yeah, right. I am always the week of Christmas getting done. One day, I will succeed! Until then, to all of you out there who have already finished or only lack one or two gifts to completion….BA HUMBUG!!!!!!!!! (I’m really jealous). ;)
Oh, and the other picture is of Kelly and Jade. We went to the Egg Bowl game with the Gaskins and had a great time. Kelly and Jade had a bet that if Ole Miss won she would put a "Rebels for Barbour" bummper sticker on her car, and if MSU won Kelly would put a "Bulldogs for Barbour" sticker on his truck. I suppose you can tell who lost the bet!

3 comments:

Erika Allison said...

Hi Girl! It's Erika Beaty Allison! I saw you on Haley Wood's blog! How are you? What a great way to keep up with everyone!
You are as precious as always! Love--Erika
www.isabellalandry.wordpress.com

Bo, Tori, and Brayden said...

I don't like thinking about how much I have left to do- I don't know what to get anyone anymore! :) I hope you have a good Christmas!!

jgaskin said...

UGGHHH- Take down that awful pic. I hate it!!! Glad we won though!