Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Reunion


</a>
I recently had the opportunity to get together with my college friends for our five year social club reunion. We played in a washboard band!!!! How fun is that???? (I played the bucket, by the way.) Now, there you have it, a little unknown and rare fact about me. We traveled all over the state and parts of AL and AR. Our biggest “gig” was the Jr. Miss Pageant in Meridian. We actually got a few $100 bucks for some of our performances and even managed a few moments of stardom when we performed on The Morning Show, aka. Buddy and Kay, on WTVA-TV!! We primarily sang old church hymns and folksy songs. I posted a picture of us at one of our performances. I swiped the picture off of Conner's blog, and a newer picture that we took when we were together a few days ago. I honestly can’t believe it has been five years! We had such a good time catching up. Many of them are Mommies now, so it was great to get to meet their little ones too! Almost everyone lives out-of-state now, so it is very rare that we are all able to see each other at the same time. I made many wonderful memories with these sweet girls and wouldn’t trade them for anything. I hope we can all come together for our ten year. It will be here before you know it!

2 comments:

Conner said...

it was SO good to see you last weekend. I played the bucket for you on Saturday morning when we played. I realized WHY I wasn't given that instrument!!! Needless to say, we missed you while we played and at lunch on Saturday.

The Wood Family said...

My husband (TK Wood) and I came across your blog, he said he knew you and wanted to add you guys to our blog.Have a wonderful week!
Haley Wood