Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 8, 2008

JonParker is Here!


I’m so behind, I know. The past month has been extremely busy for us. Perhaps I can get back into the routine of things now. JonParker Fikes was born January 23 at 10:04 am weighing 6lbs 4oz. and 20 ½ in. He and Jill did great and are continuing to do so. We are all absolutely in love with him. I had to work in Jackson over the past two days, and I missed him terribly while gone. His big brothers are pretty smitten with him too! So far, he is sleeping and eating well. He is also really strong, already trying to lift his little head up! His eyes are dark blue right now. There is a debate among us about whether they will remain blue or turn brown. My brother-in-law and Brandon have blue eyes, and my sister and Westley have brown eyes. Brown is the more ‘dominant’ gene, so we figure they will turn, but they haven’t yet! Time will tell! Some of you may recall reading in a previous post about having another little Fikes in the family. What a blessing our family has received. Thank you Lord! Thank you!

2 comments:

Bo, Tori, and Brayden said...

sarah, he is beautiful! i'm gald to see pics of him. i know ya'll are so excited! congrats!

Lane and Christian said...

Plz don't freak but I saw your link on Heather & Trey's blog and since we too are the Reynolds Family, I wanted to see if we knew you guys! But alas, we don't but the pics were so precious I had to comment :) Love the blanket! What a beautiful boy! I have B & G and we are from SC. Feel free to check us out! Didn't want to invade your privacy just saying hello!

www.laneandchristian.blogspot.com