Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Snakes And Snails And Puppy-Dog Tails....That's What Boys Are Made Of!


Thursday was the big day. We all gathered at the Doctor’s office for Jill’s sonogram and official announcement of Baby Fikes’ gender. It is, without a doubt, a BOY! The Dr. said that if it was a girl, we had some serious problems on our hands! :) He was VERY active, so we got some good pictures of him squirming and flipping around. JonParker Fikes will likely be his name. (Yes, my bother-in-law is an AL fan.) While we were all certainly happy and thankful that he appeared healthy and well on his way to a late January Birthday, I must honestly say there was a bit of disappointment that he wasn’t a girl. We were looking forward to the possibility of buying hair bows, cheerleading outfits, little purses and pink dresses. Nevertheless, I am THRILLED to have another nephew on the way!! That night, I bought him his first gift…little blue puppy dog slippers!!! I am so glad to finally go shopping and know if I am looking for pink or blue!!! So much to do and so little time!!! Have a good day!

1 comments:

Conner said...

yea! That is so exciting! I am so looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks! :)