Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 22, 2007

Happy Father's Day!


I haven’t posted in a few days, so I’m behind in wishing every father…for the very, very few who may be reading this…a happy day. I’m sure you have heard the little saying “anyone can be a father but it takes a real man to be a Daddy”. Well, I couldn’t agree more. It takes a REAL and SPECIAL man to be a Daddy. My Daddy and Daddy-in-law, like many others, totally deserved a day just for themselves. The above picture is of me and my Daddy at the beach on one of our summer vacations. I LOVED the ocean (still do) but was always too afraid to go into the water alone. So, I would always have him carry me through the waves. Needless to say, I was very excited and impatient for him to come out to the beach and take me to the water, so I was just pulling him along. It always seemed like we would go so, so far out but we never really did. There are many other pictures I could have used here, but I have just always liked this one. I showed it to Daddy last night. He liked it too, but I think for a different reason…he was a handsome young fellow. Still is, of course! ;) I love you Daddy!!!

0 comments: