Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm Gonna Be an AUNT...Again!

I’m going to be an aunt…AGAIN! OMG! I’ve wanted to get that out for days now…whew…I feel like a load has been lifted. :) My sister and brother-in-law are expecting a baby January 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They wouldn’t allow me to share the news for a few weeks, and I just thought I would explode before I had the chance to say it. You see, I have always thought Brandon and Westley would be it for Jill and Billy. They both told me so for so long, I had given up hope years ago. I guess at the time that’s what they thought too! Until awhile back when they decided that they wanted another little Fikes running around. Wow! I was so surprised at that announcement. You can imagine my anticipation every month (we are sisters…there is no such thing as “it is personal wait until they tell me thoughts”). There was an interrogation each and every month! I wanted to know as soon as they found out! I was simply elated when I got the news that she is expecting! There will be 14 years difference between Brandon and the baby and 10 years difference for Westley. So, it has been amusing to get the different responses from people. Some automatically assume that it was an unexpected surprise…um…no! Brandon and Westley are going to be such great big brothers! Now that the official announcement is out, I just want to say that through this news I have been reminded that I don’t know everything. Yep, shocker I know but I really don’t. I think God just looks down from heaven and laughs at me sometimes…well…ok all the time…at things like this. When I get so sure that I know what my life and my family’s lives are going to be like. I think in this case he just grinned when he threw me that curve ball. Or even still, he just shakes his head and says “I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future Jeremiah 29:10-12”. I am so thankful for that. I’m so thankful that I don’t know what my future holds, but I do know that whatever it is, bad or good, I will prosper and have hope. So, I’m going to be an aunt, again!!!!!!! Have I said that already??? :) YEAH!!!! More to come...you better believe it! :)

1 comments:

Colby and Daniel said...

It was good to see ya'll too. Maybe with us moving to Wren we will be around more often!!