Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 14, 2007

I Have a Dream...


Nope, not the kind you are thinking. I hardly ever remember my dreams when I wake up. Fortunately, I don’t have nightmares very often. I do think; however, that the dream I had last night may classify as a comedic BAD dream! I must explain, before telling you about it, that I telecommute from home. This simply means that I work from a home office and make trips up to Jackson, where the organization I work for is headquartered, only periodically when needed. Well, I dreamed that I woke up this morning and just decided that it would be a good idea to drive up to Jackson (3 hours) and work from Headquarters. I had no specific purpose for it other than I thought it would be “nice”. So, I put on my white ROBE with pink HEARTS and FUZZY UG HOUSE BOOTS, don’t bother with any makeup or putting a brush through my hair, don’t even recall brushing my teeth, and drive to Jackson. Once I arrived at Headquarters, I went straight to my boss’s office (which wasn’t even located where her office actually is but inside the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S SUITE!). She was on the phone, so I plopped down on this bench outside her office and strike up a conversation with the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S ASSISTANT! It is only then that I realize two very critical things. A) I am in my ROBE, with FUZZY UG HOUSE BOOTS, NO makeup, nappy hair and bad breath. B) I have NO reason to be there. So, I decide at that moment to panic and try to create a really “good” reason for surprising my boss by driving up to Headquarters. (Not even why I look like I do). The whole time she was on the phone, I was sitting outside her door trying to think of something to say. The last thing I remember thinking about my appearance was, “Well, maybe they will just think that I have on a short dress.” What tha’….that they won’t notice my fuzzy house boots in June, pale face with dark scary under-eye circles, hair that looks like Wendy Gul and Zeek Zeekster have been sucking on its ends, and bad breath that smells like I had a bacon, egg and POO biscuit on the drive up!!!! Where did this come from??!!!
*The picture above is of the robe and house boots that I do actually own. I was just wearing the robe last night before bed, but I haven’t worn those boots since WINTER…and not with the robe even then! I just thought you might enjoy a visual. Yes, you may officially begin to question my sanity now. It’s ok.

2 comments:

Hillary Jordan said...

That's hilarious!

Unknown said...

thanks for the comment! I will try that for sure.

I have enjoyed reading yours as well...funny how I have become such a blog stalker!